Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Recommendations for Xmas?

Posted by riger on 19/7/2010 at 20:34

Hi,

From the following, where would you recommend to stay before heading to the Full Moon Party.

Phuket/Koh Phi Phi/Koh Lanta or Koh Samui

The plan is for myself and girlfriend to meet in Phuket, with the options being stay there a couple of nights then head to an island for xmas, then to FMP...or stay in phuket for xmas then travel to FMP?
We're on a backpackers budget although over xmas we wouldnt mind a bit of flashpacking!! Looking for a mix of atmosphere, chilled/romantic but lively party scene if we fancy it!

Thanks in advance :)

#1 riger has been a member since 19/7/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by riger on 19/7/2010 at 20:38

I Should have mentioned...

Meeting in Phuket around 20th Dec, and plan to be on Koh Pha Ngan by the 27th.
So either the 7nights just in Phuket, or split between Phuket and an island?

Thanks

#2 riger has been a member since 19/7/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/7/2010 at 07:26 admin

You're talking absolute peak season at that time -- after say 3 nights on Phuket I'd head straight to Ko Pha Ngan. You'll have a better chance of finding good digs and you'll have more time to enjoy the island (aside from the FMP). KPN is also far cheaper than Phuket, so more in tune with your budget.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by riger on 20/7/2010 at 14:45

Hi, thanks for replying :)

We've already selected a couple of digs on Koh Pha Ngan, so not too worried about that-they still have space when I checked lol!

What's your take on Koh Lanta?

Cheers

#4 riger has been a member since 19/7/2010. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.