Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

new airport bangkok

Posted by michelleusher on 9/11/2006 at 18:15

i know this may sound worrysome if not a lil paranoid, but whats the new airport like for actually getting ya luggage to ya......as in, any ideas if they are loosing loads of luggage being new and all??

#1 michelleusher has been a member since 31/8/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/11/2006 at 20:13 admin

Hi Michelle,

I came through there last week, no lost bags. It did take around 40 minutes for any bags to show up -- though that wasn't such a big deal as it took us 20 minutes to walk from the gate to luggage pickup... the airport is big - very very big.

Oh but the arrivals area is a disgrace...too small, crowded with touts and you need to change floors to catch a taxi - absolutely moronic layout...

but luggage - no probs!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sabyasachi1212 on 10/11/2006 at 11:36

I passed through Suvarnabhumi on four occasions last month and spent a long time in transit getting to know the Airport's layout. No problems with luggage at all. On International flights they arrived before we were through the Immigration. On domestic flights we didnt need to wait for more than 5 minutes once we arrived at the luggage pickup area. I think they have got over the teething problems and are operating smoothly. The Airport is huge but the areas are well maked.
I had read on this site there was a problem with taxis refusing to go to the Airport and charging 500 Baht flat. It wasn't the case with me. When I arrived instead of going to the Level I Meter Taxi counter where you are charged a levy of 50 Baht exta for no reason at all, I headed for level 4 (the departure level) where taxis empty their passenger loads. It was easy to catch a taxi there and headed straight for the city. A ride to China Town cost me 400 Baht. While coming back to the Airport from ChinaTown I took a taxi on meter through the Expressway. The meter reading was 225 Baht and 65 Baht Expressway Toll.

#3 sabyasachi1212 has been a member since 4/10/2006. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.