Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

A three week Itinerary for Thailand

Posted by ptrivedi on 28/7/2010 at 14:31

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Thailand in august for 3 weeks and I still havent decided on the places to visit :)

I'll be arriving in Bangkok and also have a flight out from there while going back.

as for my interests, i definitley would like the beaches, any places of cultural interests and natural beauty...

I'd also love to know that if I plan to rough it out, stay in the most basic accomodations and eat street food, how much per day would i be needing...

another question: after the first 3 weeks, I'm planning to stay back for another 15 days in one placce and just chill out if I manage to get a longer visa. I'd like to know your opinion on which place (preferably a beach side location) would be best ecnomically to stay for a longer time like i plan..

would really appreciate your help, Thanks.

#1 ptrivedi has been a member since 28/7/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by walkingtrees on 28/7/2010 at 23:25

I flying into Bangkok on Sunday for 4 weeks. I've got a couple of posts up with itinerary questions. People on the board have been great and should give you a fair amount of useful info.

When do you arrive in Bangkok?

#2 walkingtrees has been a member since 25/1/2010. Posts: 58

Posted by SBE on 29/7/2010 at 01:42

First of all, if you're staying 5 weeks best to get a free tourist visa before you arrive. Otherwise you'll have to either do a visa run to a neighbouring country or pay 1900B for a one week extension of your 30 day entry stamp. Your airline might also refuse to let you board the plane if you don't have a flight out of Thailand within 30 days or a tourist visa in your passport.

For ideas about where to go, have a look at this link for ideas.

https://www.travelfish.org/country/thailand

Bear in mind it's rainy season in most places. For beaches try Ko Tao or Ko Phangan ...the weather is normally OK there at this time of year.

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by ptrivedi on 29/7/2010 at 12:27

Thanks for the information...

@walkingtrees- I arrive in Bangkok on the 16th of August.
@SBE- thanks. I think what you suggested is a better option, should get a visa before i land there.

#4 ptrivedi has been a member since 28/7/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.