Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ferries/boats too Langkawi, are they running around 24/09/10

Posted by kernowfixing on 3/9/2010 at 19:27

we are currently working our way down the west coast of Thailand. once we reach Koh Lanta we want to catch a boat to Langkawi Malaysia and if possible maybe stop at Koh Lipe on the way. we have been doing a lot of reading and i think it is not clear if the boat/ferry routes we have seen for these plans will be running?i understand tigerline has a service but i can not get the info i need from their wedsite

does anybody know if this route will be running?and if not please may i have suggestions of possible other ways of reaching Langkawi.are there boats from Saturn?thanks for the help....cheers

#1 kernowfixing has been a member since 21/2/2010. Posts: 12

Posted by Captain_Bob on 3/9/2010 at 20:21

Tigerline won't be doing the route until at least November. Some speedboats might do Lipe-Langkawi if there's enough demand and the weather outlook is favourable, but I wouldn't count on it too much. Pak Bara (mainland) to Lipe is a much more viable option this time of year, and Satun to Langkawi ferries run year-round.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by kernowfixing on 4/9/2010 at 16:44

cheers Bob for the info thats really appreciated!looks like we will then head to Satun and head on from there. thanks mate

does anyone else have any thoughts?cheers....

#3 kernowfixing has been a member since 21/2/2010. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.