Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

How can I buy a train ticket from Hualumpung in BKK to Hatyai Station????

Posted by starfish69 on 7/9/2010 at 09:23

I tried ther State Railway of Thailand website but they allow for online purchase. Can anybody suggest what is th next best thing I can do if I still want to buy online and have the tickets sent to me in Singapore? I plan to travel in Jan 2011 on 2nd class sleeping berth.

#1 starfish69 has been a member since 7/9/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by tinoh on 7/9/2010 at 14:01

I suggest checking the seat 61 website for further suggestions.

#2 tinoh has been a member since 13/2/2010. Posts: 40

Posted by Captain_Bob on 7/9/2010 at 17:40

Yes the State Railway online booking facility is out of service indefinitely
Effective 1 September 2010, http://www.thairailwayticket.com will be tempolarily out of services.
Seat61 linked above has acknowledged this and offers a couple other methods.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by sirhalberd on 22/9/2010 at 10:03

How long will you be in Bangkok? I have purchased train tickets in Bangkok for Hat Yai one day and left the next day. This was the regular seats not the sleeper car though. It was a long ride but not as bad as I thought it would be. In a pinch, if you are in Bangkok for a while you might be able to buy your tickets in person. When I got those tickets it was when the airports were closed down in Thailand by the Yellow Shirts and I had to fly back to my home country for something I couldn't postpone. (My airline changed my ticket to leave from Singapore instead of BKK at no charge.)

On this same train trip from the Butterworth/Penang Train Station I purchased first class seats from there to Singapore at night and left the following morning.

Since you are in Singapore why not take a little trip over to the train station and see if it is possible to purchase tickets through them for the Bangkok to Hat Yai run.

#4 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 22/9/2010 at 20:26

Why not fly and avoid putting yourself through 24 hours of train travel.It's more or less the same price with AirAsia.You can book online immediately.

#5 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.