Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

any suggestions for most preferred shopping mall in Bkk?

Posted by juliasaint on 21/9/2010 at 09:41

I've been looking into which mall suits u best in Bkk, i mean, overall, i'm not saying which one is the nicest. but just the one that fits every aspect of you.

I chose MBK b'cus it has everything i need there, but there r still other contenders, such as Central World, Childom, Paragon, etc....

Feel free to fill in! i'm just brainstorming for my new blog topic.. will let u know how it goes, thanks!

#1 juliasaint has been a member since 21/9/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by exacto on 21/9/2010 at 09:55

I guess Zen at Central World is out of the question?

I'd probably say MBK too, which is what locals and expats alike seem to suggest as well. I like MBK in terms of its overall central location as well as being situated right on the sky train. There is a great mix of everything from megastores to small stalls, and merchandise ranging from arts and crafts to clothes to a great selection of food choices and more. Yum! MBK is also a quick walk to several other shopping areas, from the upscale to the traditional. The downside is that it can be very crowded. Watch your watch and wallet too.

A second choice is Chatuchak, the weekend market. You can get anything and everything there. It is a bit of a circus, and can be claustrophobic for some (including me). It probably isn't a good choice if you think that fire codes are something that should be enforced either. But in all my years in BKK, every time I just couldn't find something I wanted anywhere else, I found it at Chatuchak - and at a good price too.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,660
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 21/9/2010 at 10:20

Agree with exacto's comments. Would also add Pantip Plaza for electronic gear (laptops, cameras, etc) and accessories.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by husqvarna on 23/9/2010 at 02:25

Chatuchak can be a very fun experience. Lots and Lots of stuff. There is an indoor air conditioned mall part which is welcome after the hot outside stalls. Prices are sometimes higher inside than outside. I can't say enough about how much fun I had at Chatuchak. Recommend getting there early to beat the heat and the crowds.
Enjoy the adventure

#4 husqvarna has been a member since 7/9/2009. Posts: 47

Posted by husqvarna on 23/9/2010 at 02:25

Chatuchak can be a very fun experience. Lots and Lots of stuff. There is an indoor air conditioned mall part which is welcome after the hot outside stalls. Prices are sometimes higher inside than outside. I can't say enough about how much fun I had at Chatuchak. Recommend getting there early to beat the heat and the crowds.
Enjoy the adventure

#5 husqvarna has been a member since 7/9/2009. Posts: 47

Posted by juliasaint on 10/10/2010 at 16:53

Thanks folks for your input!

Thanks to all of you who keep giving me inputs and insights, i've got my blog going, i've got a lot of info on Thailand, and also i'll the good stuff here as well for all of u, and vice versa!

you can give it a try if you want --> http://juliasaint.xanga.com/weblog wish me luck!

#6 juliasaint has been a member since 21/9/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by juliasaint on 10/10/2010 at 16:53

but actually exacto Zen won't be open for now but the rest of Central World is slowly opening up, b'cus i was just there on wednesday and many shops were already opened (the plaza side)

#7 juliasaint has been a member since 21/9/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by juliasaint on 10/10/2010 at 16:55

@ busylizy, i also suggest Fortune Tower which is down by Ratchada road, also at the Ratchada MRT (subway) Station. They also have loadz of techy stuff, and i've given it a try and many of them speak pretty good English as well !

#8 juliasaint has been a member since 21/9/2010. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.