Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Late night transportation from airport to Khoa San Road area

Posted by creativeguy on 19/11/2006 at 04:22

Hello! This is my first visit to Thailand. I've read conflicting information about transporation from the new airport to the Khoa San Road area. My flight arrives near midnight. Is taxi my only option at that time of night?

Thanks! All the information here is very helpful.

Cheers....creativeguy

#1 creativeguy has been a member since 14/11/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 19
 Where has creativeguy been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/11/2006 at 07:59 admin

Hi creativeguy,

Welcome to Travelfish!

If your flight lands at midnight, you won;t be out of the airport till well after midnight so yes, taxi is your only choice -- at least tehre won't be too much traffic!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by creativeguy on 19/11/2006 at 10:09

Thanks! Do I understand correctly that taxi's are now available outside the airport without having to bus to the transporation terminal? creativeguy

#3 creativeguy has been a member since 14/11/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 19

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/11/2006 at 10:34 admin

yes that's right, though you need to go down one floor after clearing customs into the arrivals disaster area

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by creativeguy on 19/11/2006 at 10:38

Most excellent. Thanks again!

Packing now.

Creativeguy

#5 creativeguy has been a member since 14/11/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 19

Posted by Tilapia on 19/11/2006 at 23:07

Just in case you get there in time (if you arrive a little bit earlier), there is the option of the Airport Express Bus (AE2 for KSR). It stops running at midnight, though.

Regardless, the AE booth is on the groundfloor (1st floor), Entrance/Exit 8. You have to buy ticket first (B150 per person).

Another option, and a much cheaper one, if you don't mind arriving in the KSR area a little later, is taking the free Airport Shuttle outside the terminal to the bus terminal. Then take bus number 556 (35 baht) to Banglamphoo.

Personally, I'd take a taxi. There's a B50 surcharge, and you'll have to pay (sometimes up front) for the express tolls (usually around B40-B70 ... perhaps someone will correct me on that), but taxis are so much quicker and take you exactly to where you want to go.

Tipping taxi drivers is not customary, but it is always greatly appreciated.

#6 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,499
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by frank11 on 2/12/2011 at 05:02

Khao San Road Bangkok is the infamous travel epicenter of Southeast Asia. Read about safety, transportation, survival tips, and what you need to know about Khao San .While the area is a great place to meet and party with other budget the airport does not save much, because a shift premium is added to late night .
Freight Consolidation Services

#7 frank11 has been a member since 29/11/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.