Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

4X4 with driver from bangkok to chiang mai

Posted by hommealavalise on 28/9/2010 at 23:19

we are 4 frenchies due to leave bangkok on jan 16 2011 to go to chiang mai in 3 to 4 days.
we would like to find a sound 4X4 company with reasonable prices. please help.

#1 hommealavalise has been a member since 24/9/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 29/9/2010 at 00:51

From Bangkok to Chiang Mai the more direct (highway) routes there's no need for a 4wd. I would recommend getting to Chiang Mai first and rent/hire a car/driver there. The far north is much more hilly with good places to visit by 4wd. Good local rental outlet is but you'll need to ask about a driver. There are quite a lot of freelance drivers with their own jeep/SUV around town.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by cybervlad on 11/10/2010 at 20:41

I agree with Captain :) It's better to go to CM by bus/train/plane and rent a car there. I also can recommend NorthWheels, 3 years ago I rented ISUZU MU7 there, vehicle in good condition, reasonable price. Next month I plan to visit CM again and rent a car in NW again :)
The quickest way you can reach CM is airplane (AirAsia provides non-expensive flights). More cheaper option is a night train. Or if you would like to look at scenery, you can use day bus (and make some stopovers).

#3 cybervlad has been a member since 6/6/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 182
 Send cybervlad a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.