Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Lipe Resort on Koh Lipe-transferring money?

Posted by egrave on 22/11/2006 at 09:32

Has anyone transferred money to Lipe Resort on Koh Lipe? They are saying they require the full amount transferred to secure a booking. I'm quite skeptical so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

#1 egrave has been a member since 22/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/11/2006 at 10:01 admin

Hi egrave,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Across high season Lipe operates at very close to full capacity, so I'm not surprised they're requesting money to secure a booking. Perhaps go back to them and offer a deposit in lieu of the full payment -- I guess it depends how much money you're talking about as you'll wear a lot in fees for wiring the money. Given they run a long-running resort on the island I doubt they're going to do a runner, but you may end up not quite getting exactly what you thought you paid for... at least you won't be sleeping on the beach!

It's also worth remembering that most places on Lipe don't take reservations at all and rely on walk-in instead -- and people arrive -- and leave -- everyday

Enjoy Lipe - it's a stunning spot.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by egrave on 22/11/2006 at 10:06

Thanks so much for the advice Somtam2000!

#3 egrave has been a member since 22/11/2006. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.