Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Kanchanburi to Samut Songkhram by public transport

Posted by travelman57 on 12/10/2010 at 17:39

I would like to travel from Kanchanaburi to Samut Songkhram for visit the Amphawa Floating Market. I have searched for the transport in Internet but I didn’t find enough information. I think that there are not a direct way to reach Songkhram. But, I’m not sure. Anycase, which is the best / easy / fast way? How must I do the connections (bus, train) for go there? Do you know any timetables for that?
Could you inform me please?

I apologize for my bad English

#1 travelman57 has been a member since 18/9/2010. Location: Spain. Posts: 7

Posted by Tilapia on 12/10/2010 at 19:18

Hi,

You can use this link to get info on buses from Kanchanaburi to Bang Phae and Ratchaburi, and even straight to the Floating Market.

Kanchanaburi Bus Schedules

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,495
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by travelman57 on 13/10/2010 at 03:17

Where you say "straight to the Floating Market" (or best... the timetable information say), it is the Damnoen Saduak , it isn't the Amphawa Floating Market that I'm looking for.
Anycase, thank you for your information. It could be useful.
Are there any easy public transport from Damnoen Saduak to Amphawa Market?

#3 travelman57 has been a member since 18/9/2010. Location: Spain. Posts: 7

Posted by busylizzy on 13/10/2010 at 05:48

Amphawa is a far superior floating market in my opinion - it is a local style, evening food market, run on the weekends. It's worthwhile staying in Amphawa for the night. You can find places to stay right on the canal. More info here: http://www.amphawafloatingmarket.com/

I have posted about Amphawa on previous threads - if you do a search on 'Amphawa' you should find them.

The Damnoen Saduak is very touristy, and you'll find boats selling cheap souvenirs, you'll get hassled to buy, and it's crowded with bus loads of people from Bangkok. Amphawa, on the other hand, is enjoyed by Thai's visiting Amphawa for the weekend. Very few non-Thai tourists make it here - at least that's how it was in 2008.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 13/10/2010 at 05:49

PS By memory, the markets are only a 10 minute drive apart, so I'm sure you could catch a bus or taxi to the other one.

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by travelman57 on 13/10/2010 at 23:42

Thank you Tilapia and busylizzy!!

#6 travelman57 has been a member since 18/9/2010. Location: Spain. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.