Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Lanta/phi phi/railay /Ko Samui accommodation

Posted by steveo on 16/10/2010 at 20:59

Guys
planned 5 nights in the above places but need advise where to spend that time 1 night or two etc mostly relaxing and deraming wtc,and accommodation reccommendations please, from Railay travelling to Ko Samui for 3 nights.

cheers Steveo

#1 steveo has been a member since 10/10/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by tezza on 20/10/2010 at 15:44

Wow, 3 nights on Samui only leaves 2 nights on Krabi, PP and Lanta. Can't do it baby.
I personally would drop Lanta which visually is the least spectacular, but if you really want to see Lanta you will have to drop one night from Samui.
Impossible to give accomm recs on account of not knowing your budget - what sort of beach you want (quiet, party etc)
Here are some recs on budget accomm on nice beaches not too quiet - Phi Phi, Phi Phi Hill on Long Beach - Lanta, Lanta Palm Beach on Long Beach - Railay, Rapalla Rock Wood on East Railay - Samui, New Hut on northern Lamai.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by 40PlusTraveler on 20/10/2010 at 20:25

If you only have a total of 5 days, but want to relax, I wold just visit either Samui, or Phi Phi, not both. If you choose Phi Phi, then Lanta or Railey are visitable, perhaps 1 of the 2, for a couple of nights.
Middle of the range, I can recommend SPP Bungalows on PhiPhi, Lanta Riviera resort on Lanta & Anyavee Railey resort on Railey (east).

#3 40PlusTraveler has been a member since 29/9/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 8
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.