Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Question regarding visa for Thailand

Posted by azizi on 16/11/2010 at 05:34

I will be backpacking southeast asia for 2 months but will be landing and departing from Bangkok. I understand that you get a 30 day visa when you arrive by air but will I be able to get a visa extension when coming back to Thailand by land (after going to the other countries)? Or do you suggest that I get a 2 month+ visa through the Thai embassy?

I will very much appreciate your advice! Thanks in advance!

#1 azizi has been a member since 15/11/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by busylizzy on 16/11/2010 at 06:50

You will get 15 days when you arrive in Thailand over land, so it depends on how much extra time you were wanting to spend there when you re-enter.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by azizi on 16/11/2010 at 07:01

15 days will be no problem--- but is it okay to have the 30 day visa, leave the country, and re enter on a 15 day visa?

#3 azizi has been a member since 15/11/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by rawjer on 16/11/2010 at 08:08

Azizi, yes, you'll be fine. Thailand does its visas in those lengths exactly for that reason, that many, if not most, people who fly in, will visit neighboring countries before returning for their homeward flight. No worries at all. In fact, there are people living here in Thailand for years who just get one visa after another.

#4 rawjer has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 104
 Send rawjer a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.