Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok Airport Overnight

Posted by messej01 on 1/12/2006 at 09:53

Hi,
We will be landing at the new Bangkok airport at approx 11pm and then have a domestic flight to Chiang Mai at 6.45am so I don't want to go into Bangkok central and then return. Airport hotels and day rooms are out of the budget (i.e. cheap). Is it ok to sleep at the new airport, happy to just sit in a chair but don't want to be thrown out?
Thanks
Julie

#1 messej01 has been a member since 29/5/2006. Posts: 10

Posted by exacto on 1/12/2006 at 10:35

Julie,

Do you know for sure if your domestic flight to Chiang Mai is from the new airport or is it from the old one? Also, the last several times I was on a flight scheduled to arrive in BKK at 11 pm, the flight was a few hours late, so after clearing customs and immigration etc., you might not have as much time to kill as you think. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by messej01 on 6/12/2006 at 08:21

Thanks Exacto,

Our internal flight is with Air Asia and does depart from the new airport. I'll definitely have my fingers crossed for a delayed flight.

Julie

#3 messej01 has been a member since 29/5/2006. Posts: 10

Posted by exacto on 6/12/2006 at 10:41

Julie,

I'd love to hear how this turns out, and your experience at the new airport overall. I missed flying out of the new airport by a few weeks on this last trip, and I'm anxious to hear more about it, including what there is to do between midnight at 6 am.

Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.