Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Xmas full moon party accommodation

Posted by dorial on 19/11/2010 at 11:57

Hi, my boyfriend & I wanted to book accommodation for the full moon party at xmas, but we want to stay somewhere a bit quiet and not too crazy! Although people have mentioned it, I can't remember which island it is that is recommended to stay on which is easy access to the full moon party. Can anyone enlighten me?!

#1 dorial has been a member since 8/11/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by guava_girl on 19/11/2010 at 18:02

If you stay on a beach along the East coast of Koh Phangan it will be quieter and, in my opinion, much more beautiful.
From there you can get a longtail boat, speed boat or taxi to/from the party. But this depends which beach you stay on.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by 0theories on 20/11/2010 at 00:56

You're very unlikely to be able to book a place on Phangan... Many of us have been trying for a while and everything is booked up months in advance. There is a very slight chance you might find something in person if you get there early enough as many places don't take reservations ahead of time (and many people won't arrive until after x-mas). It's a gamble though... Samui is your best bet for a close island from which you can get to the Full moon party.

enjoy, lev

#3 0theories has been a member since 21/6/2010. Location: United States. Posts: 29
 Send 0theories a private message 

Posted by Rustuk on 20/11/2010 at 20:14

I still have 2 rooms in "Holiday Beach Resort", Baan Tai - If you like it - send us the message from the web-site, because I put all in stop-sale.

#4 Rustuk has been a member since 20/11/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by dorial on 14/12/2010 at 10:58

Thanks very much, we booked in Kho Samui because there wasn't much available as you said, so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem getting to and from the new year's party.

#5 dorial has been a member since 8/11/2010. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.