Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

hotels near bkk airport?

Posted by theothervaletguy on 26/11/2010 at 15:30

we are looking for a reasonably priced hotel ($20-30) very close to the bkk airport so we can just get off the plane and quickly get to our hotel to sleep. any suggestions?

#1 theothervaletguy has been a member since 28/10/2010. Posts: 10

Posted by somsai on 26/11/2010 at 23:48

I think this is the closest
the area doesn't have a lot of hotels except for the pricey ones. To get to Sanawan you have to drive around the runway, u turn back up a one way street then drive way into a neighborhood to the N. I think it was about 150 baht for the taxi, but beware the route is convoluted, unforgiving of wrong turns, and unfamiliar to many BKK taxi drivers who are the ones at the airport. I've used it a couple times because I'm not really headed into Thailand, just a 24 hr wait for the next plane.

When I'm going somewhere out of Bankok on the train the floor of the train station is pretty safe and clean, there are hundreds of Thai people lying down sleeping. Trains are good for continuing to recover from multi day flights. Also regular hotels in town don't take much longer.

#2 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Posted by wanderingcat on 27/11/2010 at 08:20

see this thread:
& check the map linked in reply #5 there.

#3 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by sirhalberd on 27/11/2010 at 10:58

What time are you arriving at Suvarnabhumi??

Some hotels advertised as being "close" to the airport aren't really that close. Another 15-25 minutes and you can be at a hotel in the city and be done with it.

I can never sleep right away even flying in around midnight. When I fly in to Bangkok I use a hotel in the Sukhumvit Road area, put my bags away, clean up a bit and go for a little walk and maybe a drink and then hit the rack. (Sukhumvit Road, Nana area, is full of people even up to past 2 a.m. with pretty good lighting too!) Don't sleep in real late the first morning is my advice, try to adjust your body clock to Thai time.

#4 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Posted by mikethediver on 28/11/2010 at 03:44

Inside the airport terminal is a desk offering hotel bookings that I have used and found it to be good. We got a hotel for 1,200 Baht (within your price range) air con, with American breakfast included and free pick & return to the airport.

Airport hotels aren't a problem, in fact you can just stand outside the arrivals area and you will be approached by several people offering you hotel rooms (which we have also used and got a real bargain as, if you are arriving late, prices can be negotiated)

If you are searching on the internet I wouldn't book anything that doesn't offer free pick up as most hotels within reach of the airport offer this facility.

one we found very good was 'Garden Residence', around 1,200 baht.

#5 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.