Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Aranyaprathet to Ventiane overland?

Posted by textibule on 28/11/2010 at 20:54

Hello all. Posted this in the Cambodia forum for some reason, then realized it was a Thailand question, so please excuse the crosspost.

Been reading the great info on this site about going from BKK to Siam Reap via Aranyaprathet which I plan doing mid-january 2011. When I'm done in SR, I was considering going back to Aranyaprathet and then, if such a thing exists, taking a bus from there into Nong Khai , just before the Laos border at Vientiane. My objective is to avoid going back to BKK just in order to catch the train that exists to Nong Khai and on through the Laos leg of my trip.

Any thoughts? Is this a silly way to do it? TIA

#1 textibule has been a member since 20/11/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by Captain_Bob on 28/11/2010 at 23:47

Aim for Khorat (Nakhon Ratchasima) by bus then you're on the northeastern line for the railway. Then get the next thing north. Schedule here: http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by textibule on 29/11/2010 at 22:58

Thank you, Captain Bob.
I don't know how comprehensive the Thai bus network is. Is it reasonable to assume that once at Aranyaprathet bus depot, there will be a reasonably direct bus to Khorat?

#3 textibule has been a member since 20/11/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by Captain_Bob on 29/11/2010 at 23:42

Is it reasonable to assume that once at Aranyaprathet bus depot, there will be a reasonably direct bus to Khorat?

Yep! Here's some assurance:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Aranyaprathet

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.