I'm booking my ticket to Thailand through American Airlines and they offer travel insurance for $77. Should I go with that or go with something like World Nomads? I don't know if they are the same thing or not. Thanks!
#1 molocono has been a member since 6/9/2010. Posts: 24
I would suggest that you really need to look at the wording of the policy document and compare.
This is something I posted awhile back that might help you decide:
Some things to consider when comparing insurance policies:
- can you extend the policy while travelling (important if you are travelling long-term)?
- what are the exclusions?
- do they pay for medical evacuation? (esp important if travelling in Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, etc)
- does the cost cover the value of your camera, laptop, iPod, etc? If not, find out what the additional cost is for these.
- what are maximum payouts for each item?
- can you claim while overseas?
- what is the excess per claim?
- what rental car coverage is there?
- are you covered for motorcycling? diving? (any other adventurous activities that you are likely to partake in)
- total cost
And there is an article here: https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/travelinsurance/10045_travelling-without-an-insurance---a-warning-
Sounds pretty cheap.
As the busy one said, check the fine print and the policy wording to ensure you have adequate cover.
#3 Dilligaf has been a member since 27/11/2010. Posts: 10