Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Booking flights before you go

Posted by mrk12a on 11/1/2011 at 03:26

Is it worth it booking flights before i leave? For example i want to take a flight from phom penh to bangkok around 7/8th of april with air asia. Wondering whether prices go up much if i book about a week or two before the flight?

#1 mrk12a has been a member since 4/12/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by mikethediver on 11/1/2011 at 04:16

Typically, Air Asia flights are cheaper the earlier you book them.

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 11/1/2011 at 11:21 TF writer

If you want to keep your travel plans flexible, AirAsia flight prices are usually pretty similar as long as you book 10 days or so in advance and have a bit of flexibility about your departure time.

Cheap weekend fares sell out sooner, so definitely book those as far in advance as you can!

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by Thomas922 on 11/1/2011 at 12:26

In my experience with Air Asia, the closer you get the less options you have. Price will go up, and some flights are changed due to the level of demand. To be safe I would get flights unless you are sure this is a route that won't sell out or change much. Check air asia's latest flight change policies as far as changing to a later day or so.

#4 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Posted by Krabiman on 11/1/2011 at 21:14

real cheap ones sell out 7-9 months in advance if they have a sale but if sales are lagging sometimes they have sales 1-4 months ahead. but around busy times like songkran april 13-15th can be hard to get cheap tickets.

if the promo prices are all gone you have the regular prices which should stay the same until you go but fewer flight times to choose from and some days will sell out completely.

#5 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.