Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Khao Sok NP

Posted by Krabiman on 11/1/2011 at 10:05

We want to go there but don't know the best option.

Booking a tour seems expensive so wondering if driving there or busing it there would be better or too much hassle?

#1 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by tezza on 11/1/2011 at 14:00

I've been once before - but last century.
I aim to revist in March - my plan is to catch a bus to the highway adjacent park accommodation - check the guys waiting there with transport to the bungalows 1-3km away to get a tezza-type elcheapo deal and go with them.
And then book to the Lake trip when there (done it last trip - great. This time I want to stay a night on one of the floating raft-houses on the lake).

I don't know whether this is the BEST option, but based on my last visit I reckon it will work okay for me.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by travellingsarah on 11/1/2011 at 17:32 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yeah, that's what we did. Well, got a bus from Khao Lak to the main road junction then got a lift down to the guesthouses. We'd actually pre-booked, so our guesthouse place picked us up, but there were plenty of other drivers waiting around. It was all easy. We were then able to get a bus direct from there to Krabi Town when we left.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by Krabiman on 11/1/2011 at 21:09

any recommendations re guesthouses?

#4 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.