Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Renting Motorcycles

Posted by Tilapia on 15/12/2006 at 22:32

Thinking of hiring a motorcycle in either Kanchanaburi and/or Trang. Does anyone have any idea of the going rates for renting for, say, a week? 100 cc is all we're looking for.

Thanks a lot.

#1 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,508
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by exacto on 16/12/2006 at 09:41

we paid anywhere from 150B to 300B per day last summer, depending on location, quality of the scooter, and if there was any kind of insurance involved. i'd expect to pay around 1000B or less for a week, particularly if you have time to shop around. by the way, prices varied greatly in kanchanaburi, but after checking three or four places we finally found a decent bike at a price we liked.

let us know what you do find and wind up paying, just for a fram of reference. cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Tilapia on 20/12/2006 at 12:24

Thanks for that. I'll be sure to check in and pass on any good info once I'm back.

Cheers!

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,508
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.