Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

flight to Nepal

Posted by onzereis on 27/1/2011 at 21:51

In a month or three my wife and i want to go to Nepal.
We wanted to travel overland, but the border between Birma and India seem to be closed for tourist. So, we're thinking of flying to Nepal. If there is a flight from Birma it's realy expencive. The best way (i guess) is to fly from Thailand into Nepal (or India, new delhi if it's cheaper)

Any one who can give me some good (up to date) information?
Thanks a lot!!

Rik (

#1 onzereis has been a member since 12/12/2010. Posts: 17

Posted by svendj on 27/1/2011 at 22:40

from delhi to kathandu with nepal airlines is between 100 and 200 USD per person, all depends where you want to sit in the plane. there are some other ones for 350 USD pp but that's to much if you ask me (this is a one way flight though!).
Still pretty cheap.

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 27/1/2011 at 23:11

I'd be looking at a Jet Airways flight Bangkok-Delhi-Katmandu or a direct (3.5hrs) Bangkok-Katmandu flight for a bit more money.

Good site to search for fares is

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by idreamofdurian on 28/1/2011 at 01:57 TF writer

Myanmar to India overland is nearly impossible for foreign tourists.

Thai Airways flies direct from Bangkok to Kathmandu.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.