Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Cheap Long Stay Accommodation

Posted by Giddy007 on 31/1/2011 at 00:31

I'm moving to Bangkok in a couple of weeks. Last time I went, I stayed in New Joe Guesthouse off the Khao San Road, which was fine. I had a single bed, fan and private bathroom for 350B. This time, if possible, I would like to be even tighter. Is it possible to find okay accommodation (anywhere in the city) for less than that? Preferably I would like to stay somewhere habitable and long-stay friendly.

#1 Giddy007 has been a member since 31/1/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by Tilapia on 31/1/2011 at 02:56

Apple No. 2 Guest House has singles for B250, but only shared bathroom.

Mama is good for longterm stays, and you'd probably be able to negotiate a lower rate. Nice, older, quiet spot.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,507
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by mikethediver on 31/1/2011 at 03:28

Try the area around Lumpini Park which is near the underground.
We frequently stay in Lee guest house 2.
There are many guest house around that area and cheaper than any on KSR.

#3 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Posted by svendj on 31/1/2011 at 21:08

Take the subway all the way to Phanon Yothin and get off there. some relatively cheap accommodation for long stays all around.
I had one (sorry I can't remember the name) for 6000 baht a month with airco/tv and private bathroom.

The best thing is just to get out of the main area in BKK and you'll find a lot of cheaper places which are always nearby the subway or the skytrain.

#4 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 31/1/2011 at 21:53

When you say "moving" how long are we talking here? Because you can find an apartment for cheap if you're willing to go simple.

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.