Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Good place to visit (3 days) after a week in Koh Lanta

Posted by elisekn on 3/2/2011 at 17:32

I will be spending a week (8 days) in Koh Lanta starting Feb 12. I have 3 full days (from Feb 20-24) before I have to head back to Krabi for my departing flight. I am of course going to be visiting the surrounding islands around Koh Lanta during my week stay (but I am using Koh Lanta as my base). I would like suggestions of a "different" beach, terrain where to stay for the three days after Koh Lanta that might offer me something new. I do not want to travel far (no more than an two hours or so from area). I am also looking for budget, bliss, low key, and a place that isn't super touristy. I know, this is Thailand I am talking about so perhaps not possible. How do people feel about Railay Krabi? Would it be worth it to stay there for a few days? Other suggestions? Should I just stay on Koh Lanta??
Any feedback appreciated!!

#1 elisekn has been a member since 3/2/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by Krabiman on 3/2/2011 at 21:22

Railay/ton sai/Ao Nang areas are good. You might like them more than Lanta. I do.

#2 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by Krabiman on 3/2/2011 at 21:23

Or try Ko Jum - it's low key and not very touristy.

#3 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.