Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Quiet Pattaya accommodation

Posted by monkindy on 5/2/2011 at 20:22

Only have one week left of my trip and was wanting to get back to the beach for a few nights.
Closest beach to get to from Bangkok is Pattaya, however, I would like a relaxing few days and no being hasseled by tuk tuk drivers, asked if I want massage etc.
Therefore, was wondering if anyone knew of a nice place to stay in the pattaya area, preferably with a pool and walking distance to the beach. Have a budget of $50/night. Have been looking Jomtien and Naklua areas.

Thanks for any help

#1 monkindy has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 15

Posted by eastwest on 6/2/2011 at 09:04

Unless you go for the, obvious, other reason to Pattaya you're far better off at alternative beach towns if you're just looking for relaxation.
Koh Samet is just a little further past Pattaya and south of BKK you have Hua Hin /Cha am which is also much more suitable for that.
Both are only 1-2 hours more travelling.

Hua Hin also has a some of the girly bars if you were looking for a mix. In Hua Hin that scene is only part of the town whereas the whole of Pattaya revolves around them.
Hoping that a tut tuk driver won't offer massages/girls in Pattaya? That's like going to Disneyland and hoping that you won't see Mickey Mouse.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 10/2/2011 at 23:41

My son loves Cha'am and swears by it.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by khunwilko on 11/2/2011 at 08:00

Plenty of "chill" places in Pattaya - but you don't give a price range.

The beaches in Pattaya are not very good though. The best are probably between Jomtien and Pattaya. "Birds and Bees" is a paradise!

However Pattaya is not the closest beach to Bkk, Bang Saen is. This place is a largely Thai resort town. The beach is no better than Pattaya's ,but in the week you will have it almost to yourself.
there are several new hotels there.
It's about 1 hours from the airport.

#4 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by stoneman on 16/2/2011 at 19:48

If you want to be near Pattaya then Jomtien is the way to go. If not, then either Koh Samet or Cha Am/Hua Hin as suggested by others.

#5 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100
 Send stoneman a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.