Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hat Yai to Koh Lipe

Posted by flyingdogman on 6/2/2011 at 11:18

I arrive in Hat Yai on Sunday February 13 at 12:30 pm, and I want to get to Koh Lipe the following day so we are going to stay in Pak Bara for a night. How expensive is transport to Pak Bara? Is it easy to find accommodation once you get there?

Thanks!

#1 flyingdogman has been a member since 6/2/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by idreamofdurian on 6/2/2011 at 12:36 TF writer

I guess you're flying to Hat Yai?

There's shared mini-bus taxis and regular taxis from the airport. I think the shared one was 50B per person and a whole car was 150B. The rate was the same anywhere within the city, including the bus terminal. Get them to take you to the mini-bus terminal and there's regular service to Pakbara for around 100B. If you're in a hurry to get there you could just hire a taxi at the airport to take you the whole way... not sure how much that would cost.

There's lots of accommodation in Pakbara so it shouldn't be a problem to find a place. Travelfish has full accommodation listings for Pakbara with prices --

https://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/southern_thailand/satun/pakbara

I stayed at the Happy House.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.