Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Lonely Beach, Koh Chang

Posted by Krabiman on 8/2/2011 at 07:23

LB is more for backpackers.

Chang is not a busy island so I wouldnt be too worried about noise.

LB is down over a steep hill from Kai Bee so it's not great to travel to and from on a bike.

#1 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by a_hanger_merge on 8/2/2011 at 07:35

Hello

I am going to stay in Koh Chang for about 9 days in late Feb early march. I made the decision early on that I would stay @ LB as it seemed to have the most places in my price range (2600 baht per day total).
I have since done alot more reading and talked to some friends that have been there (friends love it) but a lot of other people (tripadvisor) seem to dislike the place (Little Ibiza seems to get thrown around a lot). Now I do enjoy a good time and am down for whatever party might be happening, most of the time however there are still some days where I will need to sleep as I'm not 19 anymore. Will this be possible or am i better of staying on a quieter beach on Koh Chang?

Also there is supposed to be a BAD problem with trash both on the beach and on surrounding roads, is this accurate or are the trip advisor people just being whiners and expecting too much?
Any input from people who have been there recently would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

#2 a_hanger_merge has been a member since 21/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by caseyprich on 8/2/2011 at 12:12

Roadside trash seems to be a problem everywhere in SE Asia - at least most places I've traveled through.

If you're looking for a very quiet place that is still social, I'd highly recommend Long Beach - you could stay at Tree House which is very sociable-but-relaxed or be closer to the beach at Zion (if that is still operational).

https://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/eastern_thailand/trat/salakphet_bay

Around 10 the electricity went out about two years ago - but that just made for a quiet time on the porch with some beers. The transportation there is not fantastic, and once you're there you may just count yourself as being-there only.

As well, if you've got the time both Ko Maak and Ko Wai are nice islands to check out, Ko Maak seems a little more upscale but had great food, more people in their thirties and forties relaxing with drinks at the bar up on the beach.

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by peter27 on 8/2/2011 at 18:33

Koh Chang is a nice destination withmany beautiful beaches. Personally I like peaceful and less crowdedbeaches. And I feel that the northern end of White Sand beach isperfect to have a relaxing beach vacation.

#4 peter27 has been a member since 18/11/2010. Posts: 31

Posted by laurenladky on 9/2/2011 at 10:35

Indeed, there is nightlife in Lonely Beach.. however, its not really in your face and unavoidable. There are some nice family bungalows/cheap restaurants along the beach between Lonely and Kai Bay... explore! 

#5 laurenladky has been a member since 27/1/2011. Posts: 32

Posted by bkkpk on 15/2/2011 at 14:11

I've been in Koh Chang twice, and both times stayed at Nature Beach Bungalows on Lonely Beach. Really enjoyed myself both times - Nature Beach is comfortable but moderately priced, with a laid back atmosphere and excellent food. It's within walking distance of the Treehouse, another good place to hang out.

#6 bkkpk has been a member since 30/1/2011. Posts: 13
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by laurenladky on 17/2/2011 at 14:05

Ah Nature Resort - I was trying to remember that name! I believe on Sunday nights (or Mondays), the resort hosts a pretty good beach party. I second staying there, nice place! 

#7 laurenladky has been a member since 27/1/2011. Posts: 32

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.