Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best place to stay

Posted by Ignas on 12/2/2011 at 22:44

Hello
Soon I am going to be in Bangkok, and reason to be in bangkok is just to catch the plane home, but my flight is very early, I have to be in airport at 4.00am, so the question is where would be the best place to stay to get fast and easy to airport? I am on low budget. Or best is just to go to airport at night and spend the night in there and wait to check in?

Thanks

#1 Ignas has been a member since 24/9/2010. Posts: 16

Posted by MADMAC on 13/2/2011 at 00:31

4 am? Go to the airport, check in and chill. Can't get a good nights sleep anyway if you have to get to the airport by 4.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by caseyprich on 13/2/2011 at 14:04

That depends on when you're getting into Bangkok as well. If you arrive at noon but don't leave until 4am, then you have a few options, or whatever permutation that gives you more than 1/2 a day . . . You'll need to leave for the airport by 1am anyway, so there isn't much reason to waste money paying for an entire night in a room.

If you just don't want to deal with your baggage you could head down to Hua Lamphong Train Station and stash your bag there in the left luggage for a minimal fee, though I don't know when that service stops for the evening.

A lot of guest houses offer this service as well and will take your money to do it even if you are not staying there. So you could just drop it somewhere around Khao San Road for the day and in the evening pick it up and sit with it while you have a few drinks somewhere and wait for departure time.

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by Krabiman on 16/2/2011 at 06:44

If spending the whole day in Bangkok I'd get a cheap room in Sukhumvit with a pool on the skytrain line. You can swim, sleep a bit, shower and see a bit of the city via the skytrain. Then check out at midnight and go to the airport. Wandering around Bangkok all day without a room would suck. The place is very hot and humid and the smog makes your skin dirty. Hate to go to the airpoirt without a shower and a change of clothes.

But if you arrive in Bangkok like 6pm I'd have dinner, get a 2 hour massage to pass the time and relax then head to the airport.

#4 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by sirhalberd on 20/2/2011 at 11:51

If you are just in another part of Thailand why not just go to Bangkok a day earlier and do some last minute shopping, etc.

Like the other post said it also may depend on the time you arrive in Bangkok. I'll add that if you have never been to Bangkok before this is a good time to see a little of the city.

If you are traveling from a long distance or a long time in transit a hotel will allow you to take a shower and rest. What time do you arrive in Bangkok? Even at 1 a.m. it is easy to get a taxi ride to the airport from a city hotel.

This place is supposed to be near the airport. Sanawan Palace. (I never saw this place in person.)

http://bangpli.com/sananwan.htm

Good luck.

#5 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 20/2/2011 at 15:38

Sanawan Palace best cheap place right by the airport (and has a pool)

#6 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by boxee on 21/2/2011 at 19:38

i agree with bob , i love sanawan palace , cheap rooms , cheap but good foods
and u cannot beat the swimming pool after along flight , i think the cost of a taxi from the airport to sanawan is about 150- 200 baht , if u do choose this option , make sure u print the map from their webb site ,(also make sure u get there phone number as well ) as most taxi drivers do not know this area of bang phli

danny

#7 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131
 Send boxee a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.