Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Recommendation for stylish restaurant in Bangkok

Posted by travelinchen on 17/2/2011 at 21:36

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a restaurant in bangkok (not too expensive and with vegan/vegetarian options) that has an interesting or stylish interior?
Café would be fine too

thanks

#1 travelinchen has been a member since 23/1/2011. Posts: 67

Posted by Krabiman on 17/2/2011 at 22:03

I always find the plain ones serve better food.

If you want entertainment and good food try vietianne kitchen in sukhumvit. Good issan food and music. you can always order vego dishes.

#2 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by travelinchen on 17/2/2011 at 22:32

Hi Krabiman, we actually don't care so much about the food (we would only take a snack so we can stay there are bit), but really more about the interior design. We're really into that ;-)

#3 travelinchen has been a member since 23/1/2011. Posts: 67

Posted by exacto on 17/2/2011 at 22:38

cabbages and condoms on sukhumvit soi 12 has a very interesting interior (i particularly like the outdoor courtyard section), a good selection of thai favorites including the veggie/vegan options you've mentioned, and is not too expensive. there is often live traditional thai music or some other cultural demonstration. definitely one of my BKK favorites and worth a look.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,659
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Tilapia on 17/2/2011 at 22:58

Try this place (if you can get in) ... http://www.halkin.como.bz/eat-and-drink/nahm

And for old world charm ... http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

#5 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,499
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by Krabiman on 21/2/2011 at 06:18

" but really more about the interior design. We're really into that wink.gif"

go to a temple then

"cabbages and condoms on sukhumvit soi 12 "

looks a nice place but full of farangs and pricey menu

#6 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by ThailandDiaries on 2/3/2011 at 12:24

Crepes and Co was our favorite when we lived in Bangkok- a little place on Suckhumvit Soi 12, past Cabbages and Condoms. You should try roof top bars and restaurants too. On Soi Suchumvit 11 (Nana skytraine) my favourite, relatively inexpensive Nest bar (the food here is good too) http://www.bangkok.com/rooftop-bars.htm

The sweetest thai restauraant in this - soi 11 again, ask anyone for Cheep Charlies bar ( an institution) follow the back street, past curry house, mexican , irish pub youll find small place made of wood. Enjoy))

#7 ThailandDiaries has been a member since 31/1/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 32
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by savorygal on 2/3/2011 at 21:04

@ krabiman: why do always have to be such a jerk? This isn't about you, travelinchen wants a cafe with stylish decor to hang out in. what's it to you?

travelinchen I found this site that may be helpful
http://www.bangkok.com/tatler/sukhumvit.html

#8 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 166
 Website 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 2/3/2011 at 22:59

@Savory - Ji yan yan!!

#9 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by Krabiman on 3/3/2011 at 08:21

"why do always have to be such a jerk? "

Thanks for the abuse but I was just being realistic.

I offered up a suggestion too.

"what's it to you?"

I would ask the same question.

The 5 star hotels have good restaurants with nice interior design. Not rocket science.

#10 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by exacto on 3/3/2011 at 11:00

Savory,

I really liked the link you provided with the descriptions of restaurants in the lower Sukhumvit area. Some of those, like Bei Otto or Bourbon Street or Neil's Tavern have been around for ages. Those tend to be favorites for the expat set, but can be a great visit for folks who are just visiting the city too. That list went on and on. It underscores just what an amazing array of food venues Bangkok offers.

Restaurants come and restaurants go. Two of my former favorites that don't seem to be around anymore were Bali on Soi Ruam Rudee and William Tell in the Sukhumvit early 20's. Both were small operations run out of former homes, and because of that had a lot of style and charm. Regards.

#11 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,659
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by swag on 3/3/2011 at 11:50

For me I can't go past the Tapas Cafe. Fantastic traditional imported spanish hams tapas and great spanish wine. It's not cheap but after 3 or 4 weeks in S.E. Asia my wife and I absolutely love it. 1/25 Sukhumvit Soi 11, ph 02 651 2947
cheers
swag

#12 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by allenmark on 3/3/2011 at 13:36

Hello do you have info about furnished apartement in Sohar. I am looking for a 2 bedrooms furnished apartement in Sohar. I am also looking for the sites as for restaurant and also want to built a new villa.

samui villa

#13 allenmark has been a member since 2/3/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.