Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Advance Booking necessary for Koh Phagnan?

Posted by WilliamWilde on 21/2/2011 at 11:12

My wife and I are planning to stay on Koh Phagnan the Monday through Friday prior to March (2011) Full Moon Party. We plan to probably stay in the Northern half of the island (away from Hat Rin). Is it necessary to show up w/ an accomodation booking in advance? If so, are we talking 3 days? 3 weeks before?

#1 WilliamWilde has been a member since 17/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by bengalist on 21/2/2011 at 13:04

Posted from within Vietnam.

No need to book in advance if you dont mind treking about to a few different hotels. Soon as you get there get a tuk tuk or bike agree a price and get looking.
Northern part is alot quiter than the rest of the island so im sure there will be some nice places to stay that are available.
Might be an idea to look at some online first tho so you can see which ones you like.

#2 bengalist has been a member since 9/10/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by Captain_Bob on 21/2/2011 at 15:47

I seem to end up on KPG most years in March and have always found available bungalows up on the northern side of the island. As long as you're not too picky and able to check around a bit just go and find a place. Ao Chaophao and Hat Si Thanu is a good quietish stretch just south of Had Yao almost always with some place to stay. Otherwise I like further north at Mae Had and Chalok Lam.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.