Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

12 weeks plan

Posted by y123 on 24/2/2011 at 06:34

Hi!

Have to say this forum has been really helpful with my planning.I am so glad I've found this website.

I'll be going on a solo trip around SE Asia, starting from BKK on the 10 March.

From reading around the forum, March/April isn't a good time to visit N.Thailand/ Laos because of the smoke and dust. So, I've changed my itinerary to look like this:

Thailand(1 week) - Cambodia(2 weeks) - Vietnam(3 weeks) - Laos(2 weeks) - Thailand (3 weeks) - Malysia and Singapore(3 weeks)

The duration of stays are very rough and can change during the trip, but fo they sound about right?

I would like to do some scuba diving, shall I leave this at the end of the trip? I will probably learn on Ko Tao. Would it be less crowded in March or May/June? Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!!!

#1 y123 has been a member since 22/2/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by ryder80 on 24/2/2011 at 07:40

hi, looks like a pretty good set-up you've got going on there... i've got about 3 months of time as well, and would like to visit each country just as you have listed there... mine will be about early april or so...

will check back on this and see what others recommend/suggest...

#2 ryder80 has been a member since 19/12/2010. Posts: 83

Posted by caseyprich on 24/2/2011 at 08:01

The smoke and dust may be a problem but remember that April 13th - 15th is Songkran - New Year in Thailand and Laos. The Water-splashing festival is really something you shouldn't miss if you're going to be traveling around SE Asia at the time. Though i've heard it gets a little old by day 3, I also hear it is a memorable event. I'll caveat this with the fact that I've never been myself, but I've always wanted too - just can't get the time off teaching . . . though it'll be scorching hot.

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by greektraveller on 26/2/2011 at 21:18

you said you have 12 weeks but you want to cover

"Thailand(1 week) - Cambodia(2 weeks) - Vietnam(3 weeks) - Laos(2 weeks) - Thailand (3 weeks) - Malysia and Singapore(3 weeks)"

thats 1-2-3-2-3-3 = 15 weeks

#4 greektraveller has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 44

Posted by busylizzy on 27/2/2011 at 12:06

This was already posted and discussed here: https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/indochina/13717_help--itinerary-check-for-a-first-time-solo-traveller-

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.