Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Krabi - Koh tao fastest way

Posted by Sparrk on 26/2/2011 at 09:57

Hello!

Im flying to krabi in 3 weeks and from there i am going straight to koh tao. What is the fastest way? It seems like it is a 2.5 hour drive from krabi to surat thani and then 10 hours night boat.

Does anyone know if there is a speed boat i can take ? or any faster way to get to koh tao from krabi?

#1 Sparrk has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by Captain_Bob on 26/2/2011 at 18:19

Krabi airport to Phunphin (the tourist bus station outside Surat Thani city) is about 150km, another 20km to Surat Thani city bus station (if taking a goverfnment-licensed bus) and another 60km out to Don Sak pier. So you'll want to allow a good 4-5 hours to get to the pier. Then, my choice would be to take the last ferry to Ko Phangan (Raja ferry from Don Sak 5:30pm) and stay a night (or more) on Ko Phangan. Loads more ferry choices from there to Ko Tao.

See http://kohphangan.sawadee.com/kohphangan_transfer.htm

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.