Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Can i get a visa extension on a 30day tourist visa without leaving the country?

Posted by swenglishdan on 31/12/2006 at 13:47


Quick question, my girlfriend and i are wondering if it is possible to get an extension on our 30day tourist visa from a consulate/embassy or somewhere without having to do a visa run to Burma, Laos, Cambodia etc? This is because its new year and would have to wait to get a transit to border point and dont really want to hang around until this is possible. We are currently in Chiang Mai and hope to travel back to Bangkok on the 2nd before heading south soon afterwards. Is there a place in Chiang Mai or bangkok where we could get a stamp? We only want to stay an extra 10 days or so before we fly out of singapore on the 24th Jan.

Thanks for any advice,


#1 swenglishdan has been a member since 17/11/2006. Posts: 3
 Send swenglishdan a private message 

Posted by MichaelVan on 31/10/2012 at 20:29

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ofcourse, you can do that easily. Check with any travel agent in your city, they can do it.

#2 MichaelVan has been a member since 31/10/2012. Posts: 2

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by goonistik on 31/10/2012 at 21:47

There are immigration offices in Bangkok and Chiang Mai where you can get a 7-day extension for 1900 Baht.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by captainbkk on 1/11/2012 at 04:09

those 7 extra days cost 1900 THB
Now do he sums: from about ANYwhre in TH you can go to the nearest border-return, for less as 1900 THB and get a 15 day new fresh stamp. HOWever-does not apply for Burma and you also have to pay the visa cost for Lao/khmer if that is chosen.

#4 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by altmtl on 1/11/2012 at 11:43

You should of got a 60 day visa before leaving your country, it would have been cheaper than an extension.

#5 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Captain_Bob on 4/11/2012 at 09:32

Excellent replies but 6 years too late ;-)

#6 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,950

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.