Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Backpacking thailand this year!

Posted by Laurawrr on 28/2/2011 at 20:31

Me and my boyfriend are planning to backpack thailand for 2 weeks we've never been there before so i need a bit of advice so i can start to get a idea of the options avalaible for us.

So far we plan to fly into bangkok say for 3 days there - what good things is there to see there? where is good to stay for cheap?

Iv heard theres a train that runs down the middle of the country we plan to go south on this i would like to stop off in the national park just for a day -can this be done? is there somewhere to stay in this area? how much is the train?

Then continue to travel down to phunket/phi phi by train and spend the remaining time exploring this area. - where would be recomended to stay for cheap? (beach huts?)
Before flying out of phunket back to england if we can get a flight from there.

Ideally we would like to see some good temples and beaches

Any advice would be great! thanx :)

#1 Laurawrr has been a member since 28/2/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by Krabiman on 1/3/2011 at 06:56

Depends what time of year you go re cheap rooms. May to Oct is low season which means 30-50% off room prices.

Read this site. It talks about bangkok, phi phi and phuket.

Some people are too lazy to even plan their very own holiday.

#2 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by Thomas922 on 1/3/2011 at 19:12

Seriously. You have very broad questions that can be easily answered just reading a Rough Guide guide book or a Lonely Planet or really using this site.

#3 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Posted by busylizzy on 2/3/2011 at 02:06

Start reading here: https://www.travelfish.org/country/thailand

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by ThailandDiaries on 2/3/2011 at 12:35

Here you will find all train info incl prices http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp
I would do Bangkok on the way home instead, it is very very hot and very very busy but a lot of fun when rested and no jet lag. My fovourite thing to do there after backpacking - book a luxury hotel, many online web pages offer huge discounts. River trips (17 B one way on public boat!!!!) and Pattong market - crazy, wild plus excellent fakes for sale! Roof top bars for cocktails. I always put money aside for Lux things in Bangkok.

#5 ThailandDiaries has been a member since 31/1/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 32
 Send ThailandDiaries a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.