Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Budget long term Apartment Koh Tao

Posted by caitlinbrady on 13/3/2011 at 17:11

I am currently looking for an apartment on Koh Tao near the southern tip of the island. All of the budget long term accommodation I've found so far consists of very basic rooms (fan, cold water, bed without blanket, no shelves or storage etc.). Since I will be here for quite some time I'm hoping to find something a little more comfortable such as a studio with a small kitchen and perhaps hot water that doesn't stray too far from the backpacker budget. Anyone have any recommendations??

#1 caitlinbrady has been a member since 13/3/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by yasmina on 25/4/2011 at 06:38

I was wondering the same thing too, although would prefer a bungalow near Chalok Ban. Thanks for any help.

#2 yasmina has been a member since 12/7/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by stevenx on 15/5/2011 at 12:20

It's nowhere near the southern tip of the island but up about ten minutes walk up the hill from Sairee, on the left just before a Korean dive school with a Korean restaurant with a name I can't remember, is a small village of rental apartments/town houses. From memory they're going for about 9000 baht per month with aircon, wifi, hot water, a huge bathroom, kitchen, fridge, TV, etc, etc, etc. I think they're owned by a woman who owns a pharmacy. I didn't live there but a few friends did - I can find out more details if you're interested.

#3 stevenx has been a member since 16/6/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by yasmina on 21/5/2011 at 08:50

"It's nowhere near the southern tip of the island but up about ten minutes walk up the hill from Sairee, on the left just before a Korean dive school with a Korean restaurant with a name I can't remember, is a small village of rental apartments/town houses. From memory they're going for about 9000 baht per month with aircon, wifi, hot water, a huge bathroom, kitchen, fridge, TV, etc, etc, etc. I think they're owned by a woman who owns a pharmacy. I didn't live there but a few friends did - I can find out more details if you're interested."
Cheers. Sounds interesting. I would like more details if you can get them. Thanks in advance.

#4 yasmina has been a member since 12/7/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by stevenx on 24/5/2011 at 09:31

So... my friend reckons "just walk in to the clinic and ask for Pom. She's the apartment lady. Mine is still available for rent."

I'm not quite sure which clinic, but I suspect it's the one on Sairee's main inland road, across the road from Sairee Plaza and near Khao Man Thunder (or whatever that awesome chicken rice place is, near the cabaret).

#5 stevenx has been a member since 16/6/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by DANIKA on 29/6/2016 at 02:54

Hi,
I am looking for a very basic accomodation for 3 months in Koh Tao. I am on a tight budget (about 5k baht a month) and do not require a tv, a/c or hot water. Just a place to crash at night and keep my bags.

Any suggestions? I have already checked buamanagement.com but most of their budget rooms seem to be on Sairee. Would prefer something a little less quiet and out of the way, maybe around Chalok Bay area.

Thanks in advance,
Danika

#6 DANIKA has been a member since 29/6/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by wanderer143 on 26/7/2016 at 02:12

Perhaps book for a few days in a hotel, and try to look around for apartments? Oftentimes, most of these apartments aren't listed online. Namhasin is quite cheap too.

#7 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 34

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.