Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

where to stay in sairee beach

Posted by mmouse on 21/3/2011 at 14:07

i'm either finding super basic cheap places ($13-15/night) or high-end luxury places ($80-100/night)...not much in between. does anyone know of any decent bungalows/guesthouses -something nice for like $30/night, good for a solo traveler? a place that isn't totally isolated, but also not right in the thick of party-central either?

appreciate any guidance/recommendations!

#1 mmouse has been a member since 21/3/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 21/3/2011 at 15:05

Assuming you are meaning Sairee Beach in Koh Tao, you could try Suri Beach Resort. It's a beach front place with swimming pool, and has both air con and fan rooms. I stayed there in 2008 and we paid 900 baht/night for a fan room, which is about $30USD. Not sure what rates are these days but you try to negotiate a low season rate if you are there now.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 21/3/2011 at 15:07

Also, have you checked out the accom reviews on this site? Found here: https://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/thailand/southern_thailand/surat_thani/haad_sairee/all

You probably already knew about them, but just thought I'd mention it.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.