Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Waves n currents, andaman c

Posted by MichelleMood on 3/1/2007 at 12:37

what is the situation w/waves and currents on the beaches at Yao Yai, Ko Muk, Racha Yai, and Ko Ngai? we're trying to narrow down where to stay that has snorkeing from the shore, good diving w/ good divemasters, and relatively safe 4 kids. would that be ko muk/ngai, or are they too exposed to open ocean?
tx!
michelle

#1 MichelleMood has been a member since 2/1/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by Quero on 17/1/2007 at 07:10

I don't have personal experience with the other islands you mention, but Koh Racha Yai is good for snorkelling year round because the bay called 'Bungalow Bay' is well protected. We do a lot of dive training there, even in the monsoon season. Koh Yao's beaches are muddy; I wouldn't want to snorkel there. Koh Muk is not in the Andaman (your post title indicates--I think--Andaman Sea); it's in the Gulf of Thailand, near Koh Chang, so if you are heading towards the Andaman side, cross that one off your list. Koh Hai (Ngai) is way down by Lanta, and I don't know much about it at all, sorry.

#2 Quero has been a member since 14/1/2007. Posts: 12
 Send Quero a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.