Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Itinerary suggestions for south thailand and the islands

Posted by mc600 on 22/3/2011 at 19:08

Hi I am planning on spending 19 days in south thailand and the islands next month and would be grateful if anyone could suggest itineraries / places to visit. Looking to do some partying, diving, general sightseeing etc

Thanks

#1 mc600 has been a member since 1/3/2011. Posts: 20
 Send mc600 a private message 

Posted by rledez1990 on 23/3/2011 at 19:13

In 19 days you're probably best sticking to either the Andaman or Gulf coasts, because the journey across is really long and you'll waste at least a day if not two travelling and recovering from it! If you like partying and diving then I'd recommend the Gulf coast- basically Koh Tao is amazing for diving, Koh Phangan is the party island and Koh Samui, especially Chaweng, has a beautiful beach and lots of little shops and restaurants, and when we went we rented a jeep for 1000B for 24 hours and drove up to some beautiful waterfalls and clifftop restaurants... You don't say where you're coming in from but once your on one of the islands its just a couple of hours on a boat to get to the next one.

Of course the other side of South Thailand is also great- we went to Krabi, Koh Lanta, Phi Phi and Phuket (Patong) and you'll find all the things you like here too... I guess you just have to choose which is easier for you to get to!
Hope this helps!

#2 rledez1990 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Send rledez1990 a private message   Twitter 

Posted by guava_girl on 24/3/2011 at 10:35

The Andaman is much better for diving than the Gulf. This is where the famous Similan and Surin islands are which offers some of the best diving in the world. Koh Tao is where you would go when these places are shut for the season, which isn't until May. So I would suggest going to the Andaman side for your diving.

I am not sure what your budget is but you can fly between Koh Samui and Phuket with Bangkok Airways which will be fast and easy and will allow you to see both sides. I personally think the beaches on the Gulf are nicer but the Andaman is best for diving and sightseeing.

#3 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by wheresjess on 26/11/2014 at 19:32

Hello

I will be in the south of thailand for 7 nights from 29th Dec to 5th January.

I am going with a friend and it is our first time in this part of Thailand. We like water activites, beach. diving, snorkeling. I want to see a mix of parties scene and the untouched scenic beaches.

We fly into Krabi, then thinking of going to Koh Phi Phi for nye, then Phuket, since we fly out of there.

We were thinking 2 nights in each area. I have one extra night to spare, u think i should do koh phi phi or krabi?

Any islands, trips or activities you recommend?
Any cheap or mid range hotels u recommend in krabi, koh phi phi and phuket?

thanks for your tips!

#4 wheresjess has been a member since 30/5/2013. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.