Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan

Posted by Jen32 on 4/4/2011 at 23:10


I have booked travel to Koh Samui & Koh Phangan for early May, and I am wondering if I should just wait it out and see what happens or if I should change my itinerary now... any advice would be much appreciated.


#1 Jen32 has been a member since 4/4/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by Thomas922 on 6/4/2011 at 03:01

Why would you change your itinerary? If that is where you want to go then go.

#2 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by Jen32 on 6/4/2011 at 03:30

Wanting to go is one thing, being able to go is another. I am trying to get input from anyone who might be down there and might have an idea what the conditions are actually like.

#3 Jen32 has been a member since 4/4/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by guernseydan on 6/4/2011 at 11:07

On Samui

Was floods a week ago, worst in 10 years but now its 32 and sunny!

In May who knows, as far as flood damage is concerned, it only really effected locals and there businsess's and some people couldnt leave the islands due to roads being blocked by water and damage!

However it was still possible to leave by boat if you had your own way of getting there, ie riding a scooter in the rain

no problem for holiday makers safety wise, apart from a week of **** weather and a few days without water and electric!

#4 guernseydan has been a member since 26/12/2010. Posts: 52
 Send guernseydan a private message 

Posted by Jen32 on 6/4/2011 at 21:51

Thanks guernsydan!

#5 Jen32 has been a member since 4/4/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.