Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Emirates - flight problems!!!

Posted by rossco on 30/4/2011 at 03:03

Has any other members had problems flying with one-way tickets on Emirates??

I am heading to Thailand in July for for a 2month volunteer teaching programme and plan to travel Thailand, Loas, Cambodia and Vietnam after. I'm hoping to secure a job sometime after November, so was planning on booking one-way ticket as I don't have definite time to return to UK. I thought that since I will have a visa secured for my 2 months in Thaoland that this wouldn't be a problem but now Emirates are saying I will not be allowed to board???

Any help would be appreciated!!

#1 rossco has been a member since 30/4/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 24
 Send rossco a private message 

Posted by stevejames00 on 30/4/2011 at 03:55

Why are they saying you can't board? becuase you don't have onward travel? buy the cheapeast airasia flight which can cost as little as £10 and you should be ok.

Have you bought the ticket yet? I flew with emirates but bought it through STA travel and had free flight changes so I bought a return ticket and changed the return date when I knew I was coming back. I was out for 6 months altogether.

#2 stevejames00 has been a member since 29/1/2009. Posts: 53
 Twitter 

Posted by rossco on 1/5/2011 at 14:48

Yeah booking through STA but not gettin free date change or else I would have bought e return. I think my best bet is to get cheap flight Bangkok to anywhere! Get emirates off my back!

#3 rossco has been a member since 30/4/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 24
 Send rossco a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.