Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Proof of onward travel required?

Posted by gottagetaway on 10/5/2011 at 02:45

My one-way flight from LAX to BKK (Air Berlin) leaves this saturday. I'm deciding my travels from there as I go.
Is it true that I need proof of onward travel to board the plane? Or when I arrive?

If so, what is the cheapest way to find an onward ticket, either ground or air, just to use as proof, assuming that I probably will not use it.

Are there any other alternatives? I had heard of an exemption if you were able to offer proof of finances to prove you won't be a burden, but my monies are spread across a few accounts.

I appreciate any input anyone may offer!

#1 gottagetaway has been a member since 9/2/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 12
 Send gottagetaway a private message 

Posted by goonistik on 10/5/2011 at 08:27

please read this

https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/visabordercrossings/6688_thai-onward-travel

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by Thomas922 on 10/5/2011 at 10:34

Air asia. Buy a ticket and get refunded later. there may be a small fee....but check their site.
The trouble will most likely be from your airline not the Thais.

#3 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Posted by gottagetaway on 12/5/2011 at 08:34

Thank you Thomas! As far as I can tell, Air Asia doesn't let you compare ticket prices - any recommendation as to the cheapest out-of-Thailand destination, from any Thai airport?

from looking at kayak.com/explore, the cheapest out of Bkk is to Rangon, Myanmar. if you have any other suggestions of airports to fly out of or into, for cheaper, please let me know!

#4 gottagetaway has been a member since 9/2/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 12
 Send gottagetaway a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.