Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Krabi/Railay Beach Stay?

Posted by Summer89 on 10/5/2011 at 08:33

I'm spending May 22-26 in Krabi /Railay beach. Flying from Chiang Mai to Phuket, then ferrying it over to Krabi/Railay.
Any suggestions on whether I should stay in Krabi town, Ao Nang, or Railay beach? Any clean and budget friendly recommendations?

Thank you!
-kathy

#1 Summer89 has been a member since 7/3/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 9
 Send Summer89 a private message 

Posted by Thomas922 on 10/5/2011 at 10:29

There are tons of places to stay on this and other sites. If not any hostel site can help. I only know where I stayed and it wasn't worth a mention. But Ao NAng is not for me. It's like staying on holiday with your Scandinavian uncles. If you love old dudes in Speedos...Railey is a broad beach but accommodation on that side is pricey. if you stay on the otherside (the east) you may find better prices. It is close enough that it won't matter as far as being near. You can also lounge around Phra Nang but only one super price hotel there. Budget friendlier options are at Ton Sai. No the beach itself is not as nice but the view is beautiful and you can relax. Going over to Railey is eazy enough. Almost all of your socializing will be in Ton Sai or Railey so why stay in Ao Nang? But that is my take anyway....

#2 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.