Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Quiet & clean beach near Bangkok

Posted by rskeisuke on 11/5/2011 at 21:47

Planning a trip for end of this year. Is there any beach, that is relatively quiet and clean, and also within 3 hours of land travel from Bangkok?

#1 rskeisuke has been a member since 11/5/2011. Location: Singapore. Posts: 2
 Send rskeisuke a private message   Twitter 

Posted by thisis_pat on 12/5/2011 at 15:12

Hua Hin and Cha Um are the best only 1 and a half driving from Bangkok.They are more quiet and private than Pattaya.

#2 thisis_pat has been a member since 17/4/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 5
 Send thisis_pat a private message   Website 

Posted by MADMAC on 12/5/2011 at 16:43

Those are easily, in my opinion, the best choices available. They are not great beaches though. They're OK.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by svendj on 12/5/2011 at 16:57

around Bang Saen as well. 1 h drive from bkk centre

#4 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Posted by exacto on 12/5/2011 at 20:14

Those are all good suggestions, particularly if you had to be strictly within 3 hours drive time and didn't want to go to an island. Plus, Travelfish recently added coverage on some of those places as well. If it were me though, I'd probably travel a bit more and visit Ko Samet.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by rskeisuke on 12/5/2011 at 20:24

thanks guys!

now i'm looking at ko samet.. way further but the beach looks better! accommodation not cheap though.

#6 rskeisuke has been a member since 11/5/2011. Location: Singapore. Posts: 2
 Send rskeisuke a private message   Twitter 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 12/5/2011 at 20:41

The quality of sand and clarity of water (subject to weather of course) on Samet makes the extra distance worthwhile. Go past Had Sai Kaew to Ao Phai or Tubtim, or past Ao Wond Deuan which is busy to beaches further south. You'll probably see some fishing waste washed up on the sand (netting, floats, light bulbs, etc) but that's just normal with the fishing boats and sea currents. Same can apply for islands all over the gulf. At least in front of nicer resorts they usually make an effort to tidy it up.

#7 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by SBE on 12/5/2011 at 23:16

Another vote for Samet. It takes a bit longer to get to, accommodation is fairly expensive and you pay a rip off NP entrance fee, BUT the sand and sea quality is much nicer than somewhere like Cha Am IMHO.

#8 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.