Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Guest houses in Chiang Mai

Posted by meeshr on 12/1/2007 at 18:56

Hi there

I will be in Chiang Mai throughout April, to do a massage course at the Susnhine Massage School, which is on 159/2 kaew nawarat Soi 4 - has anyone been there?

Also, I am currently looking for guesthouses accomm for about 3 weeks near the school or one that can be recommended. I have looked at Pun Pun Guest House and Hollanda Montri Guest House - are these any good?

I would appreciate any help or advice about this.

Best wishes

meesh

#1 meeshr has been a member since 11/1/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/1/2007 at 07:31 admin

Hi meesh,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Have you perused our listing of Chiang Mai guesthouses?

Of the two you mention I'd lean towards Pun Pun.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by rayc101 on 13/1/2007 at 09:57

Hi Meeshr

I stayed in Chiang Mai in Oct 2006.
The day train from Bangkok was late in, and it was dark upon arrival. I was dirty and dusty and grimy from a long hot journey.
I intended staying at Eagle House 2, but when requesting this destination in my best broken Thai (pood paasa Thai nit noy), I omitted to say two.
The driver dropped me off at Eagle 1, a broken down guesthouse close to a noisy intersection, and well past its use-by date. The room, although cheap was neglected and grimey, and the shower barely worked. A single light propelled a faint glow, but insufficient to see much clearly...probably just as well.
The barking dog two doors down eventually shut up sometime during the night. The bed was the equal of the rest of the room. However, it was not all bad. Breakfast next morning was good if disorganised.
Next day I moved to Midtown GH, which was clean and affordable and well located within walking distance of the mday and night markets. It was a good choice.
Regards
Rayc101

#3 rayc101 has been a member since 19/2/2006. Posts: 50
 Send rayc101 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.