Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

4 days in Krabi area

Posted by PurpleAlliums on 29/5/2011 at 18:55

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are spending two weeks in Thailand in November for my 30th birthday. We're spending 3-4 days in Bangkok before flying down to the Krabi area for 8/9 nights. We are going to stay on Ko Lanta for 4 nights but also want to stay somewhere else - preferably somewhere with beautiful beaches, good snorkeling, limestone cliffs and cocktails. We dont want the crazy nightlife of phi phi but happy to be near some bars/music and restaurants. Any suggestions for a great location?

#1 PurpleAlliums has been a member since 29/5/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by madian on 30/5/2011 at 05:39

I would definitely suggest Au Nang - there is a strip of hotels on the main road that is right on the beach. My husband and I were just there in February - very nice place and not expensive. I really enjoyed the shopping in Au Nang in comparison to Patong - if you don't want the crazy night life of Phi Phi, then au Nang is very nice. They still have several bars and attractions but a little more low key - seem to cater to families more so in this area then some of the other places I have been in Thailand. You can rent a long tail boat and head out to one of the islands for excellent snorkeling. Enjoy your birthday celebration - great place to be.

#2 madian has been a member since 27/3/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.