Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

best place to get scuba diving certified

Posted by parth82390 on 1/6/2011 at 04:43

hello all,

will be landing in bangkok and making my way south to koh samui, koh phangan and koh tao. which of these places do you recommend for getting my scuba license? I wasnt sure if one island has better diving than others. thanks for your help

#1 parth82390 has been a member since 9/5/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by Thomas922 on 1/6/2011 at 08:01

People do them at all three and they all use nearby waters. Did one at Koh Tao years ago and the people from the other islands were near in the water doing the same thing. Koh Tao has the reputation and more of the culture but even that has gone down in recent years.

#2 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Posted by pinkyetbrain on 1/6/2011 at 19:31

Hi,

I ve only been to Koh Tao yet, but the amount of diving schools there cant be beaten. I have heard that it is the cheapest place but I am not certain. Anyway, they do have loads of schools to choose from, different languages and most schools provide you with budget accomodation. Many diving sides is a plus as well as many diving crazy people.

#3 pinkyetbrain has been a member since 4/4/2011. Location: Germany. Posts: 3
 Send pinkyetbrain a private message 

Posted by ThailandDiaries on 13/6/2011 at 18:14

Not a diver myself, but my close friend said he was bored in Ko Tao after diving. He preferred staying on Koh Samui, diving during the day, party at night. All depends what you are looking for. Ko Tao is gorgeous though!

#4 ThailandDiaries has been a member since 31/1/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 32
 Send ThailandDiaries a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.