Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai Carrot - Apartment Hunt

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 2/6/2011 at 16:25

Hey TFishes,

After a brief stint in Langkawi, and quite a bit of time in the south, I'm now checking out what the north of Thailand has to offer. I'm pretty much resolved to investing a month in Chiang Mai, and that means getting a decent apartment/motorbike for the next 30 days.

I've heard Doi View is one building/area where expats hunker down, and then there's this place for 6500 that seems okay.

My budget is about 5-9k for the month (incl bills) and I'm after a nice big comfy double/queen bed with wifi, air con and a hot water shower. Any suggestions on where to look besides the above 2?

#1 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 3/6/2011 at 23:23

Cranky, check out Smith Residence. Not the cheapest in town (7-10k) but a very good choice in most respects and all-inclusive. Two locations - check 'em out.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 4/6/2011 at 13:27

7-10k sits just fine with my budget, C Bob.

After traipsing around the old town all afternoon yesterday being told everywhere was either full for the month, or cost 21k and would only come with 2 single beds or something weird like that, I was pretty much ready to bog off to Chiang Rai

...or back to Phuket, where there is an ABUNDANCE of clean, new 1 bedders for around the 6-8k mark (if any of you Phuket-bashers spent more than 2 seconds there you'd eat your words about it being a rip off, then ask for seconds - believe that)

Anyway, back on point - thanks C. Bob, I'll give Smith Residence a look.

#3 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 4/6/2011 at 16:57

Hey Bob, which one's better - Smith Residence or Smith Tower residence?

#4 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 4/6/2011 at 21:16

Nevermind - I think the Smith building near CM gate and that night market looks pretty schmick. Cheers a billion for the tip, Cap'n. :)

#5 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.