Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Purchase of Trang train tickets

Posted by purplecat on 5/6/2011 at 21:00

Hey guys,

I'm planning an island trip to Koh Lanta after Phuket, and then heading back to Bangkok.

I will need to travel to Trang from Koh Lanta by minivan and train. I will be able to make reservations for the minivan. However, I need to know if train tickets can be purchased at Trang train station the day itself to Bangkok or do I need to buy it through the thai travel agency as suggested by seat61.com.

Thanks guys! I appreciate any advise.

#1 purplecat has been a member since 1/6/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by yippie65 on 6/6/2011 at 16:27

you can buy ticket at train station itself.... the train number 84 which will leave Trang at 05.25 p.m. and reach bangkok 08.30 a.m. you may also check for more information at State Railway of Thailand Information (Call Center) call 1690

Hope this help ;)

#2 yippie65 has been a member since 12/5/2011. Posts: 27

Posted by travellingsarah on 6/6/2011 at 17:26 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

We had to get a train from Trang to Bangkok a while ago. We arrived early morning on the boat from Ko Muk and were able to buy tickets at the station for the following evening (they might have been available for that evening as well but we didn't ask). So I can't guarantee they will have them for the day (who can!) but if you're not up against a tight deadline you could risk it - Trang isn't a bad place to spend 24 hours. BTW - we also tried booking in advance by phone but no joy.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.