Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Lanta in May

Posted by Toro on 21/1/2007 at 07:21

Hi,

I am going to Koh Lanta for two weeks in early May. Staying at a resort on Klong Dao Beach. Anyone who has been to Koh Lanta in May, how was it? Especially the weather....
Will be arriving in the evening (around half past eight) at Krabi airport, will there be any problems getting to Koh Lanta that late?

Thank you!

-Toro-

#1 Toro has been a member since 21/1/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/1/2007 at 08:33 admin

Hi Toro,

Welcome to Travelfish!

In May on Ko Lanta you should expect some rain. If you take a look at our WeatherFish you'll see that May is starting to get pretty wet (17 rainy days a month) but it isn't as wet as say August to October.

Bear in mind the rain shouldn't be all-day torrential affairs, but rather heavy, short rainy periods of an hour or two.

If you're arriving at Krabi at 20:30, you won't be out of the airport till 21:00, I doubt you'll be able to get to Ko Lanta that night (though I could be wrong). There's plenty of places to stay in Krabi town then you can get the minibus or boat there the next morning.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Toro on 21/1/2007 at 17:49

Thanks for your reply!

I was on Pukhet 11 years ago in June and had pretty good weather so I hope it won't get to bad this time on Koh Lanta :-)

Got some more questions about Koh Lanta...

In May, are most things shut down or will we be able to find activities like boattrips etc? We are mainly going there to have a relaxing vacation on the beach, but it would be nice to do something else in between....

If anyone have tips on websites I could check out I will be thankful.

-Toro-

#3 Toro has been a member since 21/1/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by EmjayReet on 28/1/2007 at 15:57

I highly recommend you do a tour with Sun and Susanna at Lanta Long Tail... it was a highlight of our trip. www.lantalongtail.com

Reet x

#4 EmjayReet has been a member since 4/7/2006. Location: Australia. Posts: 156
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.