Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

maenam cheer beach bungalows, ko samui

Posted by davesaunders on 1/2/2007 at 09:36

Hi I just tried to call the number of this place in Samui, other than the fact it was an old new zealand number, it didnt work out,. So, does anyone have the contact number for this place? It looks like a great place to stay, but you cant book online. Anyone please!!??

#1 davesaunders has been a member since 18/1/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/2/2007 at 10:10 admin

Hi Dave,

The number should be: (089) 591 3200 -- Thailand changed all its mobile numbers adding a 8 in the prefix -- I forgot to change them... ;-(

It's a pretty enough spot - affordable and the huts are right on the sand -- from memory there wasn't all that much English spoken there, so they may struggle to take a reservation, but who knows! There's stacks of places along Mae Nam, so unless you're showing up in peak season you'd be able to find something without a reservation anyways.

Fixing all those numbers now!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by davesaunders on 1/2/2007 at 11:54

Cheers, well I'm off there on sunday, bit of a last minute plan...flights to vietnam were full and no cheap tickets. Thanks for the number, I'll give them a call. I'm guessing from the large list of accomodation there I should have no trouble in getting something good, although the moonhut bungalows are all booked out.
Anyways thanks again
Dave

#3 davesaunders has been a member since 18/1/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by davesaunders on 1/2/2007 at 12:10

Well that worked out fine, the lady spoke very good english and I managed to get myself a beach bungalow for next week, not bad at short notice! I think they gave me a heigher price of 500bhat/night, but I did negotiate with them, and they did lower the price, I didnt really want to take advantage of them so I offered to pay the 500.... Well I'm looking forward to some sun....

#4 davesaunders has been a member since 18/1/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by lisannemeulendijks on 24/3/2011 at 03:14

Hey,
I've been trying to call Maenam Cheers with the correctly changed number but it sais that the number doesn't excist any more. Since it's been 4 years that you have changed the number, it could be possible ;-).
Any chance any of you got the correct number?
Thanks

#5 lisannemeulendijks has been a member since 17/9/2010. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.