Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Kanchanaburi...

Posted by potta_boro on 16/8/2011 at 16:44

im heading to kanchanaburi tomorrow and like some advice on where to stay, there is 2 of us wanting to spend between 600-800 for the both of us on a decent room, en suit and preferably air con, fan will do! ive been looking a somewhere in my travel guide called 'sams house' thats alot cheaper than ive stated, but any info on it would be good.

Also some activities and where is best to book them e.g elephant treks.

#1 potta_boro has been a member since 3/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 56
 Send potta_boro a private message   Twitter 

Posted by mikethediver on 16/8/2011 at 17:53

Hi,
Options abound, from 200 baht for a fan room with cold shower to 400 with a/c on the river. Just get to the main street and walk along it no need to book this time of year.

You will be asked if you want to book trips many times a day. Same trip same price. Doesn't matter where you book. Kanachanburi isnt difficult.
Have a good time.

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Posted by Prettyfish16 on 26/9/2011 at 14:08

I stayed at Sam's House in May. He's got 2 or 3 places along the river. He is a very nice man and has an email account which he will reply direct to.

Forgive me but I can't remember how much I paid but the bungalow was clean, had air con and I had my own bathroom and tv. The place I stayed had no food on offer but it was ok as there were lots of places to eat along 'the strip'.

Enjoy the visit it's a great place. And, as above, plenty of places offering pretty much the same trips for pretty much the same cost.

#3 Prettyfish16 has been a member since 18/2/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 9
 Send Prettyfish16 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.